It is clear that parents put their children’ first; constantly. But sometimes they feel that the sexual fire within them is just too much to manage. So what do you do when your kid is about; in precisely the exact same room or on precisely the same bed! Sex when children are around is a sensitive issue and sometimes even tests the patience and understanding of parents!
The principle book
Sex Facing a baby
- If your baby is less than 6 months and you feel the need to express your ‘love’ to your partner; specialists believe it isn’t a problem.
- Babies cannot comprehend what is happening at such a tender age. However, make sure that you place little one safely in his crib or you can take the floor!
Sex about a toddler
- Matters become complicated as the child reaches the ages between three and one.
- Based on specialists toddlers might be adversely affected if they visit their parents indulging in sexual actions. Therefore, the best thing that you do is exercise restraint.
- Keep the excitement up by stealing kisses and hugs but book the activity for when your kid is sleeping or in his play area!
Sex around a preschooler
- Preschoolers are on the brink of entering a stage when they will be expected to spend increasing amounts of time away from their parents.
- Therefore, it’s only natural that your preschooler will demand more of your time. S/he may want to climb into your bed at night and sleep there.
- Sex about a preschooler is a rigorous no-no. It might scar the child and may consider it as dad hoping to hurt mother.
- Keep your sexual enthusiasm at bay until the time that you’re completely alone and away from the curious eyes of your kid!
Sex around a school going child
- Having sex when you’ve got a school going kid on your house can be a little trouble.
- Your kid might stay up late doing homework or organise sleepovers for pals.
- Make sure you don’t indulge in any objectionable behaviour around their presence.
- This applies even more when her/his friends are around. You definitely don’t want your kid to be the object of ridicule in front of their friends.
- Continue the intimate little nothings like kissing or cuddling so the flame of passion stays aflame!
Sex about older kids
- Matters become much easier once your child grows up.
- But you have to introduce the concept of parents needing their own private time. Describe to your child that the two of you will devote time together.
- Do not give in to their own stubborn needs of entering your space every time they want.
- Although you must be stern, keep in mind that the shift will happen over time. Give your kid time to heat up to this idea of her/his parents being physically close.
Read more articles on Kids (4-7)